So, I see questions regarding which host to pick on the Facebook group quite frequently and I can see why, there are so many options available, so many companies, so many different packages, so many price points – it’s easy to get confused!
To add to that there are WAY too many people recommending shitty hosting providers simply because of they’re lucrative commissions (hostgator, bluehost, siteground e.t.c).
I’ve been building websites for about 11 years now and in that time I’ve used many of the big name hosts and quite a few small ones and they were all awful. Whether it was simply down to the servers not being fast enough, awful support, too much downtime, they just were not up to scratch.
Choosing a good host is so vital, it’s such a fundamental part of our business, so it’s crazy to think that people simply choose a host of the whim, without really researching it.
On top of that, once you have chosen a host and begun setting everything up, building out a website, adding content, growing traffic e.t.c realizing you have made a poor decision and then changing host can be a TOTAL fucking nightmare!
So, based on my 11 years experience I want to recommend one and only one host: Scalahosting.
I’ve been using them for over 3 years now, I am so happy with their service that I actually just purchase an annual subscription because I know and trust they will do a great job.
What package do I currently have?
I am now on the Cloud Enterprise package (since August 2016, previously I was on a VPS Pro package) and I also have these additional options:
- Litespeed Web Server: massive uplift in WordPress website speed both front and backend.
- Litespeed Web Cache: server side caching, means no need for WP plugins and supposedly is better. I’ve not really noticed the speed uplift when I added this, but caching is good and I never really analyzed the before and after, but I still would recommend it.
- 100 GB Disk Space: calculate what you need, if you currently have a host see what you are using. If you are starting from scratch then start small and add, otherwise its a waste of money.
- 8GB RAM: similarly to disk space, unless you know what you are currently using, start small (2GB or 4GB) and build on it.
The Litespeed Web Cache is something you have to ask support for once you have ordered the package and it comes at an additional cost, I think its about $25 for the year.
What’s so good about Scalahosting?
- Support: it’s absolutely fantastic, I have taken complete advantage of their fast response time and friendly service with well over 150 requests since I begun using Scalahosting.
- Severs: now I am not going to pretend and say I know a lot about server technology, I don’t. But, what I do know is that my websites are fast and are always online. Their servers are fast, reliable and efficient!
- Price: they’re not the cheapest, but they’re not the most expensive. They don’t bullshit you and they don’t hound you with all this sales crap, there just upfront and honest and so are their prices.
If you are looking for a web hosting company which is affordable, fast, reliable, efficient and scalable then check out Scalahosting. If you have any questions at all then please leave a comment below!
Our Scalahosting Review
Scalahosting Web Hosting