To mark the start of the new year and to celebrate the launch of my new blog, I will be publishing the first affiliate case study.
The case study is titled ’30 Days to make a sale’ and is all about breaking through the barrier of generating the first chunk of revenue from affiliate marketing. It’s a challenge which every affiliate has faced along their journey and one which many affiliates fail to complete.
The aim of this case study is to provide a step by step blueprint which can be used as a guideline and a template for others to follow, tweak and mould in to their own.
I’ve broken down the case study in to four main areas which are interestingly abbreviated as ‘PIMP’ these four areas are:
P – Planning
This section covers everything that you do prior to actually purchasing a domain and setting up a website.
- Business Goals & Validation – Day 1
- Market Research – Day 2
- Keyword Research – Day 3
- Competitor Analysis – Day 4
- Expired Domains & Due Diligence – Day 5
- Content Plan
- Website layout & structure
- Product selection – how to choose the right products at the right prices.
- 7 Six Figure Amazon Affiliate Websites for inspiration
Note: at the end of the first week I will be creating a video to run through everything we have learnt live from day 1 to day 7 during which I will announce my chosen market and website for the case study.
I – Implementing
This section covers all aspects of building the website from the initial purchasing of a domain, hosting and setting up WordPress.
- Content layout
- Writing content
- Publishing content
- Google Analytics Setup
- Google Webmaster Tools Setup
- SERP Book Setup
- WordPress Setup
- Hosting Setup
- Cloud Flare Setup
M – Marketing
This section explains how exactly we will be driving visitors to our website, discussing on and off page SEO as well as social media marketing.
- On Page SEO
- Off Page SEO
- Social Media Marketing
P – Profiting
Last, but not least is the most exciting part – it’s the money making section and what to do when that first sale hits.
- Making that first sale
- How to replicate that first sale and generate many more
- For this case study we will not be using any paid traffic methods, however for an upcoming case study this is exactly what we shall be focusing on.
- For this case study we are giving ourselves a budget of $500. However, almost everything that we purchase during this case study will be out of choice more than necessity, simply to make my life easier. For example content will be outsourced as I am in the position where I can do this now. When I first started I wrote all of the content myself, so I suspect the majority of you will too.
This case study will be starting on the 7th January 2016 and I will be updating this daily until early February 2016 when we shall finish the initial 30 day case study and it will then extend in to the 6 months to make $xxx case study.